Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Favorite versions of Christmas Songs


Ok, the time is upon us. HOLIDAY TIME!! And that means lots of Christmas music in the Evans household. I know some people absolutely abhor Christmas music, especially for very long. But we love it! (most of it) So for fun I thought I would list my favorite versions of the classics, and if you have any suggestions please let me know. I'm always up for new songs, but there are so many that it's hard to keep up.

O Holy Night - Martina McBride
Silent Night - don't really have one
Sleigh Ride - Ella Fitzgerald
O Tannenbaum - Vince Guaraldi Trio (Charlie Brown Christmas)
What Child is This - Jim Brickman
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen - Barenaked Ladies + Sarah McLachlan
Carol of the Bells -Manheim Steamroller (The Calling is a close second)
Little Drummer Boy - Ray Conniff Singers
The Christmas Song - Nat King Cole
O Come O Come Emmanuel - Michael W. Smith
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas - Judy Garland

2 comments:

Janice said...

Silent Night- might seem weird but two versions I love are by Tracy Chapman and Lisa Marie Presley. Oh and Celine Dion (can not spell). Told ya it was cheesy but that is one of the great parts about Christmas music- you can listen to tones of artists you normally wouldn't.

"I'm Rachel" said...

I love that version of God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen by the Barenaked Ladies and Sarah Mclaughlin too. Once I hear it I sing it all day long.