Sunday, October 4, 2009

Long overdue update

I know, it's been way too long since my last update. But there has been a lot going on! And I hope to keep this more up to date. We moved halfway across the country to Kansas City in June and I swear that seems like last week. The plane ride that Brayden, Grandpa and I had to endure on the way back to Kansas was confirmation enough regarding why we are moving back. Flying is just getting to be way too much of a pain. But we finally made it and Brayden was a trooper, even after 4 hours of taxing on the runway, which did not include flying time and layover time!
The day we closed on the house I finally saw the house in person for the first time! Yes, Josh saw the house and put an offer on it before I'd seen it, but I definitely trust him! We are loving it and looking forward making it our own as time goes on. We took a trip to Seattle for my family reunion, a short Missouri trip for Josh's family reunion, and a couple trips to Wichita to see my family and friends. We have also had lots of visitors which is fun.
Other big news is that Brayden is going to be a big brother! Yes, I am "with child" and am scared to death of having TWO children, but so excited to meet the newest member of our family. I am working part time at the YMCA which is going well. I work two evenings a week and Sunday afternoons, so it's a bit of an adjustment. Brayden loves the kid area and it's nice to be part of the Y family again. We'll see what happens when "Dos" comes along!
Other than that we are enjoying life in KC and looking forward to the holidays! We are heading to Illinois this week for the Evans Family Octoberfest which is always fun and relaxing. Lots of coffee, smores and lying around :) Hope to have an update soon!

No comments: